Sunday 11 November 2012

VERTIGO - Alfred Hitchcock

Opening scene

I was surprise how much colours are use to change / support atmosphere in Vertigo. The opening scene is just amazing. I like the details / close ups and the spinning spiral in an eye representing the vertigo.














Getting dark scene

In that sequence the light is getting dark in last shots and even the shop light is turned on. There is another thing to note. The change of position of camera when the character change their places on screen (rule 180° I think). There is one shot which convey the change.


















Nightmare

Beautiful sequence with abstract feeling of nightmare. I like it more than the well-known  sequence in church. I liked the flashing colours which affect the atmosphere in shots.




























-

No comments:

Post a Comment